- Please use the Online Application Portal campo to submit your application. All required documents must be uploaded as a PDF file. Please note that the applications sent by mail will not be processed.
- Application deadline is the May 31, 2024. Kindly note that your documents must have been uploaded to the CAMPO portal before this deadline.
- Start of the program: October / November each year.
To be enclosed in the application:
- Curriculum vitae including passport photo (2 pages max.)
- Certificate of bachelor’s degree (if you have not received your bachelor certificate by the day of application, please send in the most recent transcript of records)
- Transcript of university records. The transcript should clearly state the courses you have taken and the grades you have achieved. Please also attach an explanation of the grading system used if it is not clearly stated in the transcript. Please make sure to mark the courses in the areas “business/business administration” and “statistics/econometrics/mathematics” in your transcript.
- High school graduation certificate (“international baccalaureate” or “Abitur”) and transcript
- Certificate of English language proficiency (required scores see below)
- Certificates of further foreign languages spoken, if applicable
- Proof of experience abroad, e.g. an internship certificate, copy of registration card, scholarship, transcript, etc.
- Your application video in a common format, e.g. MP4 (more information can be found below under the section ‘selection criteria’)
- Applicants from China, India, Mongolia, and Vietnam will have to include APS certification
Applicants from Germany are allowed to hand in their degree certificates and transcripts as a simple copy.
Applicants from outside Germany are required to submit certified copies. All required documents must be presented in German or English. In case your documents were issued in a different language, please have them professionally translated. All translations of the required documents have to be made by an official translator and must bear the signature and stamp of the translator. If the required enclosures are submitted as photocopies, they have to be officially certified copies. Please read these guidelines on certification and translation of documents.
Authenticity of all submitted documents will be examined by the university when the application is received. In case of any counterfeit documents, the application will be disqualified. Also, if you are granted admission, you are required to verify all information given in your application form and photocopied attachments by presenting the original documents upon matriculation (e.g., degree certificate, transcript of university records).
English language proficiency is to be verified by one of the documents listed below:
- TOEFL-Test with minimum score of 100+ (iBT). The University of Erlangen-Nuremberg TOEFL code is 8265 (please add the name of the Master program “International Business Studies”).
- IELTS test with minimum score of 7.0
- or equivalent (English-speaking Bachelor’s Degree in US, UK, IRE, CAN, AUS, NZL)
Test results can be sent directly to email@example.com until 30th of June of each year in case the test takes longer.
A basic knowledge in German is recommended but not obligatory for application.
There are no tuition fees in Germany.
Please use only the Online Application Portal CAMPO for your application. Applications sent by mail will not be considered.
Admission to the Master in International Business Studies program is based on the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree in International Business, Business Administration, Management, Economics or a related subject, and the respective, individual GPA in this degree
- Knowledge in business/business administration pertinent to the degree program (at least 30 ECTS)
- Knowledge in statistics/econometrics/mathematics pertinent to the degree program (at least 5 ECTS)
- English language proficiency (at least TOEFL 100, IELTS 7.0)
- Relevant experience abroad (at least three months outside of your home country)
- Introductory video: Applicants must upload and hand in an application video introducing themselves and stating why they are suitable candidates for the MIBS program
- Knowledge of languages other than English, German, and mother tongue
- Knowledge of the German language (at least A1)
Application video information:
Your application video should convey who you are as a person and why you are a suitable candidate to study the MIBS. You should focus on your personal qualifications and interests, and what you could learn from the program. There are no guiding questions or such and you are completely free to make the video your own! It should not exceed or fall short of the 1 minute and 30 seconds we request. Next to English, also sentences from other languages can be used if they are subtitled. Be creative! The outfit – be it a suit or sports jersey – is fully up to you.
The video has to be uploaded on the Online Application Portal CAMPO. No exemption can be made. Applications without a video will be rejected.
Updated admission requirements valid since 2020:
Referring to the current examination regulations and the FPOIBS of the FAU Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany, the MIBS has so called exclusion criteria in its admission requirements. If one of the following criteria is not applicable to your profile, your application will be directly rejected.
Hence, we recommend to apply only if the following criteria are all matched:
Bachelor's degree connected to international business with a GPA better than 2.5 in the German grading scale Minimum of 30 ECTS in business courses Minimum of 5 ECTS in statistics courses Mandatory abroad experience outside of your home country. Minimum: 3 months English language proficiency proven by a minimum of TOEFL 100 or IELTS 7.0 Submission of a mandatory application video